IOSH Managing Safety
IOSH Managing Safety will provide delegates with sufficient knowledge to be able to complete the practical and written assessments.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to manage practical health and safety issues in the workplace.
On completion of the course delegates should be able to
- Carry out practical risk assessments
- Identify the key legal requirements for health and safety
- Principles of accident prevention
- Common and statute law
- Health and safety management Systems
- Risk assessment – techniques and control measures
- Workplace hazards
- Fire, electricity, COSHH, noise, work equipment
- Accident causation and investigation
- Audit and review
Delegates attending and successfully completing both the practical and written assessments will be awarded a certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
The course is intended for line managers requiring a broad-based knowledge of health and safety and safe systems of work. It is also suitable for those who do not wish to progress to the level of professional qualification, but would benefit from attending an accredited health and safety management course. An awareness of health and safety issues would be an advantage but is not essential